Changes happening in America – for good or bad?
I have been blessed in so many ways. Keeping a huge list to a minimum, one such blessing is the ability to read. Frankly, I do not know what life would be like if I was not able to read. Pathetic comes to mind, as does travesty. I think that is why my greatest philanthropic exploits are given in the reading industry. Furthermore, many of you have heard of the “eternal student,” ME, that is the course of study that I am engaged in now.
I would very much like to share just a bit of qualified journalism I’ve read of late. But first, I refer to it as qualified inasmuch as it comes from various sources which I will gladly name now. Very interesting work from New York magazine (10/2017) as well as Salon (11/4/2017) and of course The New York Times (11/16/2017), Twitter same day, Politico same day/ All of these stories had some reference to Sen. Kristen Gillibrand’s remarks over whether President Wm. Clinton should have resigned immediately upon receiving a formal accusation in the Monica Lewinsky matter.
Many in the media referred to this as the cultural change of the Democrat Party versus the Arkansas Grifters. The New York Times billed this as “The New Washington:” ‘Senator Kristen Gillibrand.’”
Basically, the terms of the momentous apocalyptic fight, a change in the candidates for the Dems was for sure seeking new politicians. Okay, as I read this article it appears to be from President Trump’s speech titled “Values Voters Summit” reluctantly read by Robert Leonard, liberal anthropologist and experiencing an epiphany suddenly understanding Trump’s supporters. This is from The Kansas City Star:
- Trump began by saying we are a nation of believers and that “together we are strengthened and sustained by the power of prayer.” Democrats want prayer out of the public.
- Trump called the Las Vegas shooting a “horrific mass murder” and an “act of pure evil.” Dems blamed the guns and want to take yours away
- Trump honored the heroes of Las Vegas, including the police officers and other first responders. Democrats elevate thugs and view our protectors in blue with disdain.
- Trump quotes Scripture. Dems ridicule those who do.
- Trump stresses unity. Dems divide American society into victims and oppressors.
- Trump says, “We love our country.” Barack Obama went on his famous international apology tour.
- Trump says, “We cherish the sacred dignity of every human life.” Democrats murder babies.
- Trump says, “We believe in strong families” while Democratic policies pull them apart.
- Trump says, “We are proud of our history.” Democrats tear down monuments.
- Trump says, “We respect our great American flag.” Democrats want to take a knee.
I am unsure if the left with Democrats will ever understand this, but it is their disdain for America and its traditions that is at the root of their problems.